Dr. Ludmila Cherkasova is a principal scientist at Hewlett Packard Labs, Palo Alto, USA. Her current research interests are in developing quantitative methods for the analysis, design, and management of concurrent and distributed systems (such as emerging systems for "Big Data" processing, internet and media applications, virtualized environments, and next generation data centers). Dr. Cherkasova has initiated, managed and led to success multiple R&D projects. She is the ACM Distinguished Scientist. She has authored over 100 refereed publications and more than 75 patent applications. Her most recent works were on the design of new technologies for efficient management, capacity planning of internet and enterprise systems with emphasis on performance and scalability issues.
Most of my publications and patents are under my official name "Ludmila Cherkasova" while most of the professional activities are under my nick-name "Lucy Cherkasova".
Erdös number: 3 (L. Cherkasova -> Louis E.Rosier -> Shlomo Moran -> Paul Erdős)
Best Papers: ICAC'2012, ITC'2010, HPDC'2010, Middleware'2008, Usenix ATC'2002, HICSS'1996.
Keynotes: ICAC'2014, CloudDP'2014, FeBID'2011, ICPE'2011, Middleware'2009 DS, MFCS'88.
- PC Chair of IEEE International Conference on Cloud Engineering (IC2E 2016), Berlin, Germany, April 4-8, 2016.
- The 6th International Workshop on Cloud Data and Platforms (CLoudDP 2016), co-located with Eurosys 2016, London,UK, Apeil18, 2016
- The 7th ACM/SPEC International Conference on Performance Engineering (ICPE'16), Delft, in The Netherlands, March 12-18, 2016.
- The IEEE/IFIP Network Operations and Management Symposium (NOMS 2016), Istanbul, Turkey, April 25-29, 2016.
- 13th Intl. IEEE Conference on Autonomic Computing (ICAC 2016), Wirzburg, Germany, July 19-22, 2016.
- 17th ACM/IFIP/USENIX Intl. Middleware Conference (Middleware 2016), Trento, Italy, December 12-16, 2016.
- Some Past Conferences:
Middleware (2015, PC Chair 2014, 2013,2012,2011, 2010 Industrial Track Chair, 2009), IC2E 2014, ICAC (PC Chair 2015, 2014, 2011),HotCloud 2014, SIGMETRICS(2013,2008,2006,2004), DSN(2013,2012,2011,2010,2008,2007), CLOUD(2015, 2014, 2013,2012,2011,2010,2009), ICPE (2015, 2013 Award Chair), CNSM(20152014,2013,2012,2011,2010), ICDCS(2012,2011, 2010 Track Chair, 2004 Track Chair), QEST(2012 PC Chair, 2011,2005,2004), SoCC'2012, ARES'2011, SCC(2010,2008,2007,2006), HotMetrics'2010, EPEW(2010,2009,2008,2007), HotWeb'2008, ACM MM'2006, AAA-IDEA(2006,2005 PC Chair), WWW'2005, USENIX'2005, CEC(2005,2004,2003), AC(2005,2004), WWW'2004, WORLDS 2004, GlobeCom'2004, PerCom'2003, Web Engineering'2002(PC Chair), WECWIS(2002,2001,2000)...
ACM Distinguished Scientist, 2009
ICAC, Best Student Paper award, 2012
ITC, Best Student Paper award, 2010
HPDC, Best Short Student Paper award, 2010
Middleware, Best Paper award, 2008
USENIX ATC, Best Student Paper award, 2002
HICSS, Best Paper Award in the Software Technology Track, 1996
IEEE/TCBIS Certificate of Appreciation, 2016
IEEE Certificate of Appreciation, 2015
Usenix Certificate of Appreciation, 2014
ACM/IFIP/Usenix Certificate of Appreciation, 2014
IEEE Certificate of Appreciation, 2002